Wholesale Underwriter: (I)
The essential job functions for the Wholesale Underwriter role would include:
· Underwrite Conventional loans to verify completeness, accuracy and compliance with organization, state and agency requirements.
· Demonstrate and maintain an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the Organization, DU/LP agency, investor guidelines and risk assessment tools utilized to decision wholesale home mortgage loans.
· Evaluate borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgements, bankruptcy documents and appraisals.
· Analyze and calculate income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions.
· Exhibit good judgment, conduct reasonableness test and issue sound quality credit decisions.
· Determine accuracy and completeness of files; ensure organization processes are met.
· Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU/LP).
· Maintains a sound level of knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry trends as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity.
· Maintain pre-established Customer SLAs and production level decisions within time frame set forth by the Organization.
· Communicate effectively with broker partners, sales partners and internal operations staff and management. Maintain Service Level Agreements outlined by the organization.
· Assist in clearing Quality Control and Pre-Fund Quality Control Audit. Assist in obtaining documentation to clear investor requirements or repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration).