Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, and Strategic Alliances sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. In 2018, the company ranked as the #12 non-bank mortgage lender by Inside Mortgage Finance. * If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you! At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
The Mortgage Trainer will be conducting training on processes, products, technology advancements and loan origination system for new and existing employees. Goals of this position include improving training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
· Design, develop and maintain applicable training program materials for training.
· This consists of new hire processor training and continuing education for staff.
· Apply instructional design methodologies to learning solutions, which could include instructor-led training and self-paced modules.
· Responsible for building materials from scratch and maintaining existing documentation.
· Facilitate both instructor-led classroom and virtual webinar training sessions.
· Perform needs assessments and project plan related to learning assignments.
· Execute deliverables on time.
· Collaborate with leadership team and SME’s to identify performance gaps and design an appropriate solution.
· Create surveys, assessments, and gather data to measure the value or impact of learning solutions.
· Coordinate training schedules, registrations, resources, and communications.
· Maintain rosters, reports, and other administrative tasks.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
· Possess in depth knowledge of mortgage loans from origination to closing by verifying, compiling and entering borrower information into loan processing system.
- Experience verifying and analyzing loan documentation including credit, income, appraisal and title
· Ability to identify and review mortgage loan applications and corresponding documentation
· 3-5 years of mortgage experience
· Ability to present information to a variety of audiences and audience sizes
· Demonstrates self-confidence and patience, sound decision making and organizational skills, knowledge of training principles, including adult learning theories
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.