Mortgage Loan Originator
KBHS Home Loans, LLC (D)
KBHS exclusively serves the customers of one of the nation’s Top Five Residential Builders - KB Home. Powered by nationally ranked Stearns Lending, LLC (owned by Blackstone), this provides our Mortgage Loan Originators with unique opportunities to establish relationships with new construction buyers. If your career satisfaction is based on providing world-class service to your borrowers - including more time to build solid relationships - you’ve come to the right place.
As a KBHS Mortgage Loan Originator (“MLO”), you will assume full responsibility to guide new KB Home purchasers through the loan process from pre-qualification, application, loan approval, and loan closing. You will prequalify prospective KB Home buyers introduced by a KB credit portal, review financing options, and assist credit challenged purchasers, as needed. You will serve as the primary point of contact for homebuyers throughout the home buying process for assigned communities. Establishing and maintaining a partnership with the KB Home sales team is vital to the success of the MLO in this role. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with product knowledge and a sense of urgency are all requisites for the role. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences is essential. Minimum of 2++ years MLO experience a must, builder background preferred, and strong purchase product knowledge around conventional, FHA, and VA financing options.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Spend adequate time in builder communities earning the business by reaching out to 100% of the customers.
- Provide weekend support in builder communities and grand opening functions.
- Make presentations on loan products in Sales Meetings and with Sales staff in builder communities.
- Meet with the Branch Manager on a weekly basis to review the goal metrics plan vs. results.
- Responsible for marketing of KBHS products and services to potential business sources for the purpose of loan origination.
- Represent KBHS in a professional manner at industry-related functions.
Initial Loan Application:
- Daily focus and discipline around reaching out to 100% of KB prospects and securing a complete loan application within 5 days of KB Home contract.
- Manage loan-level dispositions reflecting the progress on the pipeline.
- Review all documentation provided by the borrower, check for accuracy, and address any discrepancies.
- Conversation Log must clearly note the status of any required documentation not included in the file.
- Achieve GOLD cert loan status within 30 days of KB Home contract on 90% of pipeline
- Daily Pipeline Management (pre-qualification to funding).
- Regular status of the progress on the loan through collaboration with the Fulfillment Center.
- Quality Control - be familiar and comply with all KBHS policies and procedures.
- Weekly customer contact on the pipeline.
KBHS Home Loans, LLC is a joint-venture of Stearns Lending, LLC.